Adult ads

A few days an ad for an 18+ website showed up and doesn't seem to be leaving. I've been using this site for a few months now, hadn't come across anything like this before. Should I be worried about viruses?

(07-13-2019, 11:49 AM)one miss Wrote:  A few days an ad for an 18+ website showed up and doesn't seem to be leaving. I've been using this site for a few months now, hadn't come across anything like this before. Should I be worried about viruses?

What device were you using? If it's PC, we have provided the way to avoid ads -> by installing our extension.

If it's smartphone, clear your browsing data from your Browser.

<State>

Hi, it's a smartphone. I cleared my browser data but the ad is still there. It doesn't actually show anything offensive but my nephew (small kid) uses the site from time to time and I don't want him to open up something like that.

(07-13-2019, 12:20 PM)one miss Wrote:  Hi, it's a smartphone. I cleared my browser data but the ad is still there. It doesn't actually show anything offensive but my nephew (small kid) uses the site from time to time and I don't want him to open up something like that.

Hi,

That ad is not integrated into your browser. It's the constant ad that shows when you access the site. Nothing to worry about. Just do not click it.
However, I understand your concern - I will speak with the administration about that particular ad.

<State>

Thank you for the quick response and clearing that up for me. I love and very much appreciate your website Smile

(07-13-2019, 12:44 PM)one miss Wrote:  Thank you for the quick response and clearing that up for me. I love and very much appreciate your website Smile

No problem!

I have spoken with the administrations and there will be no ad removal at this moment. Ads are helping keeping the Website alive, and currently we need that particular ad.

In the future, however, things will/may change. We are constantly working, it is hard work.

Stay tuned and meanwhile tell your nephew not to click on that particular ad if you don't want the unwanted content xD

<State>

I do not mind the ads at all for what I get in exchange. It was just that particular one, already had the don't touch the yellow ad talk. Keep up the good work Wink